FUN FRIDAY!

 How well do you know the meanings of the names in the BIBLE? After taking this I realized I didn't know very much at all on this topic...so you give it a try! The answers will be printed at the bottom of this post.


1: Who was blessed with laughter when her son was born, and named him accordingly? Sarah...Rachel...Leah...Rebekah


2: What does the name "Adam" mean? man, blue sky....man, red earth...man, green grass...man, rocks of earth


3: When Naomi returned to Bethlehem, to what name, meaning "bitterness", did she change her name? Sarah...Mary...Hannah...Mara


4: Whose name means "my judge is God"? Samuel...Daniel...Ezekiel...Jaaziel


5: Which of Jesus' titles means "the anointed"? Lord...Jesus...Emmanuel...Christ


6: What does the name "Elisha" mean? my God is faithful.....my God is salvation...my God is king...my God is joyful


7: Which disciple's name means "manly"? Peter...James...Andrew...Matthew


8: Which man's name changed from meaning "requested" to meaning "little"? Abraham...Jacob...Peter...Paul


9: What does the prefix "Bar" mean in a name? son of...house of...tree of...light of...


10: Which king had a name which means "healer"? Josiah...Asa...Soloman...Jereboam



A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter. So he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: "I have circled the block 100 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment. FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES." 

When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note. "I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket, I'll lose my job. LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION."


With my mind on  my daughter's upcoming surgery I saw this and it made me laugh.  Here are ten things you hope never to hear in surgery...share it and praise God for his protection and  have a laugh!

  • What's this doing in here?
  • DARN! Page 47 of the manual is missing!
  • I hate it when they're missing stuff  in here.
  • Nurse, did this patient sign the organ donation card?
  • Don't worry. I think it is sharp enough.
  • That's cool! Now can you make his leg twitch?!
  • Well folks, this will be an experiment for all of us.
  • You sure it wasn't this leg?
  • OK, now take a picture from this angle. This is truly a freak of nature.
  • There go the lights again...
Here's a brain teaser...

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.
Now count aloud the ' F' s in that sentence.
Count them ONLY ONCE; do not go back and count them again.
The answer is at the bottom.

"And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Luke 12:25




Answers: 1. Sarah 2. man, red earth 3. Mara 4. Daniel 5. Christ 6. God is salvation 7. Andrew 8. Paul 9. son of 10. Asa


Answer to brain teaser: There are six F's in the sentence. One of average intelligence finds three of them. If you spotted four, you're above average. If you got five, you can turn your nose at most anybody. If you caught six, you are a genius. There is no catch. Many people forget the OFs. The human brain tends to see them as "V's" instead of "F's".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

Blessings upon Blessings