Perfect Timing...

I wanted to make special Valentines to send out to my family this year. I thought I had started early enough to finish my design, make them, and get them in the mail so they would reach their destinations by Tuesday, February 14th. However, it didn’t work out that way (I have great goals but usually doesn’t work out that way!). I worked and worked…I made cupcake cards that were decorated on one side and a little chalkboard on the other side. My goal was to have all the cards done, packaged, and addressed by the Thursday before Valentine’s Monday. By Friday morning I wanted to have them to the post office to be in the earliest mail.
A great goal but one I didn’t make. Instead of finding myself at the post office Friday morning, I was rushing there Tuesday morning, Valentine’s Day.  All the valentines made their way to my family members and friends but not on Valentine’s Day and by Tuesday morning I was definitely rushed and I didn’t have them out on time.
I know you are probably wondering what this has to do with anything…well, as I sat in my car in front of the post office, I started praising God. My God is a God that is never late with any of his projects or goals with me. Whatever he wants to teach me or whatever his goals are, they are always set in motion or completed in perfect timing. And my answers to my prayers are never late. His answers are always on time.  With my God, my Creator, the Almighty late is not in him…but perfect timing is! In the time of my favor, I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you” Isaiah 49:8.
As for that rushed feeling I felt as the day of my goal was approaching and then passed…God never does anything for us in a rushed manner. His decisions are thought out, calm and again…timely! We can rest in knowing that EVERY thought, action, blessing, moment from our Lord is not rushed but exactly when He wants it to be…there is no running around at the last minute. “O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.” Isaiah 25:1.
“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other: I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand and I will do all that I please.” Isaiah 46:8-10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You