The sand under our feet

We are spending a few days at the beach with our son, daughter in law, and grand baby. Of course,we went out to the beach and stood at the edge of the water. It was great fun for us and for our grandson to have the waves break just short of us and let the foamy water sweep over our feet. As the water hit us, and then receded, you could feel the sand wash out from under our feet. It gave us the feeling that the earth was moving beneath us. It made us feel off balanced, unsteady and slightly wobbly.

This started me thinking about the last year to eighteen months. Life has thrown me every kind of churning surf possible. Life has washed over me and attempted to drag me out to sea. My life has been like those pair of feet standing in the foamy sea water with the ground underneath them washing out from under me. The circumstances and challenges that I HAD to face left me unsteady, off balanced and not just slightly wobbly but teetering, shaky, weak and unsure. Life for me has been like the churning of the sea during a big storm. I knew though that "more than the sounds of many waters, than the mighty breakers of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty"! Psalm 93:4

So I have been pushing forward in FAITH, knowing that God has a plan in all things! I know for sure that "the sea is HIS, for it was HE who made it, and HIS hands have formed the dry land" that I need to be on...Psalms 95:5 And sure enough, today, with a whole lot of grace, the love of family and wonderful friends, assistance sent straight from heaven, I feel like I am standing on dry sand and out of the foamy water and the washing earth. The balance, that we all need in life, is reentering my life, there is a steadiness to most days, and I am feeling stronger and more confident that I can handle the challenges ahead.

 So, as you and your family start off this summer and take your beach trips, think about the Almighty, He whose hand made the sea, the surf, and the sand. Thank Him for his power and might,and always  holding onto us no matter how wobbly the sand feels beneath us!

Jeremiah 5:22...."Do you not fear me? says the Lord; Do you not tremble before me? I place the sand as a boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail, though they roar, they cannot pass over it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You