Praying for one another

I believe so strongly in the power of prayer...my belief is that God rejoices in a family of his coming together to lay their requests at his feet. In my heart I understand that in this life we are very limited in what we know and understand....we have just a droplet in the bucket of what our Lord knows and wills. Yet, without knowing even a reasonable part of the picture we are to walk through out each day with faith in our Father, that the things that befall us in this life have a purpose, meaning and are for our good and complete the "big" picture. The only problem is someone forgot to tell my emotions about all of this!

I have been struggling with a migraine since Sunday....I have taken all the medicine allowed, which also worries me since I am not one to take medicine. The last week has been an exhausting week...waiting on results of my brother-in-law's CAT scan, all the talk about our family friend Theresa and her death and to top it all off this nagging migraine that I can not seem to get rid of. I woke up the other morning and when I went into my bathroom and looked in the mirror, my right eye was droopy...it scared me! With these migraine it is a struggle to function...my head just pounds, I see spots, I stay sick to my stomach and my emotions and thoughts run wild. Trying to push through, my daughter left me the car one day this week so I decided that if I got out it might do me some good. I got dressed, hair, makeup and all, even though I had the feeling I was going to throw up at any moment and drove the car the 11 miles to Thomson. My visit to my little favorite store was short lived....my vision was blurry, my head was pounding, my stomach upset. Needless to say, I cried all the way home feeling very defeated, very tired and a little afraid.

I was able to get in to see a doctor I admire and trust very much. The appointment is for Monday afternoon and I am just counting the minutes. My life is usually a very simple, joyful life. I can see one leaf turning colors on one of my trees signaling fall and it will make my whole day. I can get the housework done and can hardly wait for my husband to come home and brag about how clean everything is....I love even the simplest things about my life. But, this make me feel so burdened, oppressed, empty. My time is spent trying to keep my mind from going where it should not instead of being free to feel the joy of my Lord and life. So, as my Christian brothers and sisters I am asking you to take some of the burden from me and pray for me.....pray that my panic thoughts can be bound and that the doctor on Monday will have some very simple answers for me like changing my dosage of medicine or trying some other type of medication. Prayer that the peace of our Lord will engulf me this weekend and that I will be freed from the pain of this migraine. Prayer that I can come to the place where my emotions and thoughts don't override my faith. And lastly, if it is God's will pray that I will be healed from these migraines altogether. Thank you for being one in the faith of our Lord, Jesus Christ!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You