Healing

Last month was the 3rd year anniversary of my daughter’s near fatal accident. The healing physically, mentally and spiritually for all of us continues and each day is more precious than the last. There are still some days my memories are so vivid that I feel like the accident and the prayers that were so desperately prayed happened just yesterday. The desire for my daughter’s life and her healing were all consuming, just as they would be for any parent. As I go back over the urgent prayers, the all-consuming desire for my daughter to live, and the pleading with the doctors to do all they could, I now rejoice in not just her life but her healing.
 I know, also, that God is rejoicing in her healing…God rejoices when any of his children are healed! Our Lord wants each and every person, young or old to be healed, to be whole, and to be able to praise him just as I do now. ““You restored me to health and let me live. Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back. For the grave cannot praise you; those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness. The living, the living-they praise you, as I am doing today.” Isaiah 38:16-20. Our sin, our sickness, our baggage gets in the way of us loving our Master completely and feeling His love for us. Our spiritual unhealthiness, whether caused by physical, mental or spiritual ill-health stands in the way of us being able to completely accept our Lord’s love, grace, and blessings.  His desire for us to be healed is so consuming that he bore the weight of all transgressions just give us a chance at life, “After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life, and be satisfied by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many and he will bear their iniquities.” Isaiah 53:11.  Jesus often spoke of sin in metaphors…blindness “You blind fools! Which is greater; the gold, or the see Matthew 23:17-26 for full scripture), sickness, “…Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,” For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” Matthew 9:12-13, and living in darkness…”…I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Matthew 8:12. There is healing and that healing comes from knowing our God.
God might not choose to physically heal everyone. God uses suffering, at times, to purify us (see Job 1-2), or to prepare us for a special service to others. But, he desires spiritually healing for all of us…he desires eternity with him for every person that walks this earth. As we work, with God’s help, through our suffering, whether physical, mental, or spiritual, we gain the opportunity to put our trust in God. “Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.” James 5:10,11.
So today, enter your prayer closet and ask for God’s healing…physically, mentally, and spiritually. God wants healing for us and the best healing is in knowing God. It is better to know God in a deep and full way than to know answers. Be assured that no matter what God chooses to do with our physical and mental state He is forever faithful to stretch out his hands upon us and heal our souls, just for the asking!
“Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you.” Isaiah 58:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You