IMPOSSIBLE!?

Last night I was reading a journal I had found that my mother had kept during my daughter's near tragic accident in the winter of 2008. It struck me hard and deep reliving a good bit of details that I have pushed to the back of my mind. What a injured daughter I had and what a mess I was! And what a strong woman of faith my mom is!

As much as I would like my fingers to head this blog in a tribute to my mama, the Lord has me going in another direction. While reading her words and being transported back to that time, I saw how IMPOSSIBLE so many things were. It was going to be impossible for my daughter to live, impossible for her to sit, stand, walk... impossible to relieve her pain ...impossible for the doctors to figure out what to do next...impossible for Russell and I, and the really the whole family, to go through another night little less another day of ups and downs. A real time of nothing being possible only impossible! Though, through those pages my Mama keep writing "nothing is impossible for our Lord!" WOW! And my daughter is doing great...the impossible was accomplished! "Oh Lord God! behold, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched hand; there is nothing impossible for you." Jeremiah 32:17

Again, it is very hard for me to keep this focused on what the Lord is telling me to say so I will say it once and then get back on track...my mama is the greatest woman in the whole wide world! Thank you for allowing me that moment...she is so right...Nothing, not one thing is impossible for our God! Reading her journal it documented that every day there was some crisis, of some kind, that was impossible for us as parents, family, for the nursing staff, for the doctors but not for God. Again, using my Mama's words, "Nothing is impossible for our Lord." God took the impossible and made all things possible.

This started me thinking over my life and making a mental note of how many times I thought I was in an impossible situation...it has been many, many times. So much of my testimony is based on what I thought was impossible but God showed me he was all powerful...nothing is impossible for him. When I was a baby I was diagnosed with a childhood disease that would make it impossible for me to live past the age of five. My mama reached out to her sister, my Aunt Julie, who in turned sent Mama a prayer cloth. Mama pinned that prayer cloth to my night shirt and the next time I was taken to the doctor they couldn't find any trace of the disease! Another time that I was overcome with an impossible turn in life was when my son was five weeks old. He developed pneumonia and was put in the hospital. It was during some testing then that they found my son had SIDS along with the pneumonia and the situation look impossible. We baptized our sweet baby there in the hospital and our priest told us to have faith that there is nothing impossible with God and sure enough a few days later we left the hospital with our baby boy and a clean bill of health. "Jesus looked at them and said, 'with man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.'" Mark 10:27

Let's not forget all the other times in life that we look at things like "impossible". The rough times in relationships, the hard financial times, situations with our jobs and the job place, tough times dating or trying to have children...there are so many times each of us have looked at a day in our life and spoke the words "that is just not possible".  Replace those thoughts and those words with "nothing is impossible with you Lord" and see the strength and endurance that God will arm you with...no matter whether it is about getting a good night's sleep, wondering how to get through the week with sick children, needing a new job or the pay raise that just doesn't seem to be coming, or dealing with any issue in our lives that seems too big to overcome.  But He said, "the things that are impossible with people are possible with God." Luke 18:27

We as brothers and sisters in the Lord help each other overcome the "impossible" no matter how big or how small. We can touch each other, as my mama did for me, by using her words offering them to others often and boldly..."Nothing is impossible for our Lord!" It is truth and it is faith building...offer it to someone today!


"And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you." Matthew 17:20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You