New Beginnings

This morning is a new beginning. To me, every morning is a new beginning. I jump out of bed feeling like I can conqueror the world, that God has given me another morning, a new day, a clean slate to try again, to do it better, to surrender myself to Him once again, to change things that are not pleasing to Him. For me, it is not based on how much sleep I have gotten or it being a Monday morning or it being a Friday morning, it is something in me, that is, because God called me in righteousness. My Lord had the perfect plan and the perfect time for giving me a lifelong task. The time he chose to unveil his task was the first time my eyes fell on my first baby. I was overcome with feelings of humbleness....gratefulness...the immenseness of God that those feelings opened my heart fully, laid it wide open and supple. Oh, I didn't feel anymore than most moms in that birthing room but God chose that moment to plant a seed in the tenderness of my heart. He also took a moment to whisper in my ear..."I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand, I will keep you....see, the former things have taken place, and NEW THINGS I declare"... (Isaiah 42:6a,9). God said, "…new things I declare.”... He called me and as His servant, I have tried my best to walk in his ways, to be obedient to the words he proclaimed to me... to declare new things each and every day! Lord, I have not forgotten the gift you gave me that night, the overwhelming gratefulness to you and the real and tangible display of your immense love for me. And, for the past twenty-two years, each morning I remind myself of that soft whisper, your calling and your promise to me. Father, I know on my own, I am not worthy but together I will continue to declare each and every morning a new beginning for you and for your glory!

For my big sis Toni!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You