Fun Friday

Forgive me, and be assured that I will only say this once...well, I will try! Over the course of the last few years, life has been emotional tough and physically draining. I have really tried my best to put on my happy face so many times, on so many days, but it was really just to keep my mama and daddy's moral up. I don't think I managed it very well and somewhere along the way I lost the gift of joy. But Mama!...she never lost her joy and her sense of humor...even to the very last days she was able to show us a smirk, a smile, a raising of her eyebrows...Mama was an amazing mother and woman. She would want her whole family to be joyful, to have their sense of humor, to be able to laugh! And through the grace of God we all will again...Mama, these Fun Friday posts are in honor of you! 

When you think you have had a bad day just pull up this post and reread it...puts it in perspective!

You Know It's A Bad Day When...


  • You turn on the morning TV news and they're displaying emergency routes out of the city
  • Your boss tells you not to bother taking off your coat
  • The bird singing outside your window is a buzzard
  • Your horn get stuck when you're following a group of Hell's Angels on the freeway
  • You put both contacts in the same eye
  • Your pet rock snaps at you
  • You call your answering service, and they tell you it's none of your business
  • Your income-tax check bounces
  • You wake up to discover your water bed has broken and then you remember you don't have a water bed
It had been such a long time since Russell and I had been out on a date alone. Standing at the sink doing dishes the other night, Russell came up behind me and said, "Would you like to go out?" Not even turning around I quickly replied, Oh yes, I'd love to!" We went out the following night and had a terrific time and it wasn't until the end of the evening that Russell had a confession for me. His invitation to go out was meant for our dog!

***As King Solomon so wisely said, "There is a time for everything...a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance."Ecclesiastes 3:1,4

Happy Fun Friday and laugh loudly!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

Blessings upon Blessings