Cooler Weather Brings Change

When I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, the cashier was talkative and seemed quite happy. "Did you hear it's going to be COLD this weekend?" she asked me.  I told her I had heard the weather was going to change and that it was suppose to be a very pleasant weekend.  I couldn't help but smile to myself that I didn't consider a high of 89 degrees and a low of 64 degrees exactly COLD but her joy was certainly sincere.

It got me thinking about all the changes that are ahead that come when the cooler weather rolls in. The switching of summer to fall clothes, bringing out scarfs and coats, cutting wood for the fireplace, cleaning the house before it gets shut up for the cold weather, getting the supplies together to dip candles....the list goes on. The thought came to me that this is the perfect time to add God to the list. Work something new with my relationship with the Lord into the cooler weather. Maybe 30 minutes with the Lord, the birds, a throw blanket, and my morning coffee. Or maybe a leisure walk with the Lord a couple of mornings a week. Maybe a new bible study or invite a couple friends over to pray in the cooler temps.

All of a sudden I am smiling to myself. You know, I never have like change much but with the kind of company I keep maybe change is something to smile about. How about getting your pen and paper and start making your list of COLD weather changes and be sure to include JC at the top.

"...that you may have a walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You