Blessings upon Blessings

I looked up the definition of blessing and this is what I found:
BLESSING-help believed to have come from God; something to be glad or relieved about; a religious act in which a person invokes or claims to bestow divine help.

My life, my little world has been covered up in blessings and as those of another generation says,"it is time to count my blessings." I know that help has come my way that can only be from God; huge portions of help, special things to be glad or relieved about, and divine help because someone invoked God's help upon me and my family.  Of course, the most recent is the truck wreck my daughter was in that nearly ended her life. She was not suppose to survive...blessing, she was not suppose to walk...blessing, and the doctors didn't know how they would fix her injuries but somehow they ended up fixed...blessing! The blessings started a long time ago, though, when I was just a baby. I was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis and was not suppose to live very many years and when my mom took me back to the doctors they could find no traces at all of the deadly disease...blessing!

These are only a couple of really big things but there are blessings throughout my life...praying for something specific for my children and seeing it happen...praying with a friend about a situation and seeing transformation before my very eyes...praying for a job when my husband lost his and there it came and one he really enjoys...praying for discernment and hearing the Lord's voice in a clear and audible manner...praying for strength and winning the battle...having a family that daily holds me up in prayer.

Then there are the simple, quiet blessings. God blessed me 33 years ago with the only man for me...a husband, a friend, a partner, a lover, to share all these blessings with. He has blessed me with compassionate, caring, loving children, a great daughter-in-law who is such a part of the family it is like she was born into it. He has blessed me with a wonderful home in the country that I can offer as a retreat for an afternoon or an evening getaway to my family and friends. God has blessed me with the love of nature and put me right in the middle of it as if I had my own garden of Eden. Sometime during my life God has blessed me with a love of art and good or not he gave me the joy of it...cutting, painting, designing. He also, has blessed me with the resources to be able to work on the things that bring me joy. I have always been blessed with a roof over my head, food on my table, good and trusted friends,a loving family, and a pretty normal life.

I am very aware that all that I have and all that I am is because God loves me and he has bestowed His blessings upon me. And I am thankful to Him for the overflowing of blessing that have been poured out upon me and my family. Sit down today and count your blessing and take a little time to give him some praise and glory...it is soo little for soooo much.

"Stand up and bless the Lord your God forever and ever." Nehemiah 9:5

"My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord, and all flesh shall bless His holy name  forever and ever." Psalm 145:21

"Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him." Psalm 2:12

"Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting  at the posts of my doors." Proverbs 8:34

"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." John 20:29

Comments

  1. Thank you for sending my your new blog address and for posting again. You are a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!