Promises in the New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I have started on my list.(not necessarily in this order)...lose some weight, eat better, pray more, spend more time with family, save some money, call my big sister more often, be more patient, get more rest, only say postive things...

Most of us during the new year make a list, either on paper or mentally, of all the things we want to do differently in the coming year. There is something about a starting a new year...it is like the slate is wiped clean and it gives us renewed hope for a better year ahead. We make all kinds of well meaning promises but if you are like me, those promises don't last too long! I try hard, I really do. Little by little I break those well meaning promises. Life seems to get busy and most of the things I promised myself I would change go by the wayside. Do you find the same thing happening to you?

As I was thinking about the new year and making some promises to myself, I got to thinking about the promises that don't get broken year after year. They are not my promises...they are God's promises!

Joshua 21:45... Not one of all the LORD’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

Psalm 145:13... Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.


Hebrews 13:5... Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,  “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Psalm 145:18... The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

Joshua 23:14...“Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.

Isaiah 55:3... Give ear and come to me;  listen, that you may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David.

Matthew 6:6... But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

James 4:8... Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

2 Peter 1:4...Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

This is just a few of the hundreds of promises that God has made to us, and unlike us, His promises are never broken! God never gets too busy, distracted, overwhelmed, disenchanted, tired, or just plain lazy. When God makes a promise, a resolution, a comittment it stands for all of time...generation to generation...century after century. Pretty cool, wouldn't you agree!

For each of our promises we jot down this new year how about looking up one of God's promises to us and jot it down. See for yourself what a wonderful year of promises this is going to be. No matter how many of our promises fall by the wayside we have HIS PROMISES to count on for this year and all of eternity!

HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family! May God continue to shower down blessings apon you! You are such a blessing and inspiration to me. Maybe one day we will be able to meet this side of Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your family and what a great family u have! You are so very blessed and I know that the coming year has so many blessings in store for ya'll. I also hope that someday we can meet in person...what a blessing u have been to me for allll these years. Your faith and wisdom, your committment and honesty, has truly been an example to me. Keep as you have your eyes on our Father and keep on loving that wonderful family. Thank you for being my brother in Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

Blessings upon Blessings