Life with Purpose

When I started this blog way back when, I was trying to figure out where my life was going. I have muddled my way through the children going off to college, myself going to college, losing all my Serotonin and becoming a zombie, my daughter having two bad accidents (one almost costing her life), my son getting married, my husband losing his job and being unemployed for almost a year, and finally my mother breaking three vertebrate in her back and struggling to get healed. I sure didn’t expect all these trials, in fact, I was concerned that I wouldn’t grow and stretch and that life would be a big void. Well, the void part certainly didn’t happen!
After some of the dust settled following my daughter’s accident, I had a thirst to hone in on my purpose in this part of my life. I felt as if we were going through so much that I wanted and needed not just to get through life but to live it with purpose….as much purpose as I had when I was raising my children and home schooling them. I found this scripture which spoke volumes to me….Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:15-16.  I have been living by the pressures of circumstances. I want to live as a woman of God who knows the meaning and purpose of life. That is what I want my focus to be and to help me I have written out a purpose statement. Here is my statement….
Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept your will for my life. I give myself, my life, my all utterly to you to be yours forever. Fill me with and seal me with your Holy Spirit. Use me as you will, send me where you will, work out your whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever. I desire to live my life very purposely, regularly reviewing and praying over my purpose in life, loving God intensely, cherishing and inspiring my husband, praying for and keeping connected spiritually with my children, protecting and serving my family, loving those who need it and seeking to lay spiritual foundations in  their lives. I want to live faithfully, believing God for what I cannot see. I want to believe that God can do in my children’s lives what I cannot do. I want to live creatively, creating beauty and warmth in my home, around my table, and using that creativity in my home to create an atmosphere for family and friends to come here to retreat…as a haven from the hustle and bustle of life. I want to live paradoxically, going against my selfish nature, against our culture, giving a little bit more than I feel like giving, going the second mile, being like Jesus.
It is easy, in this life, to become so busy that we have no time to consider HOW we live. The process of living, day in and day out, tends to dilute and divert focus. We have to apply effort, determination, and make a decision to live day in and day out with a purposeful life for God. I know that my purpose for life is continually in progress and I want to live it with focus and determination.
Pray, then sit down and ask God to show you your life purpose statement. Whatever you write will just be a beginning because a life purpose with God is a process. But a process must have a beginning so start today living your life focused and with a purpose…God’s purpose for you in this life!
“For my determined purpose is that I may know Him that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly.” Philippians 3:10.
                                            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You