Restoration

Okay folks...reading some of my posts you probably feel like my life is full of drama. Actually, not really or at least not up until about the last three or so years. It was one big event that just seemed to spiral out of control. My loss of serotonin, my daughter's near fatal accident, the months spent in the hospital, rehab, the at-home therapy, loss of my husband's job, loss of medical insurance...near loss of sanity!

Well, at times it felt like we were hanging by just a thread. But God is merciful and hang on we have. A couple of weeks ago while reading my bible the Lord gave me this scripture..."and God will restore what the Locust have eaten." Joel 2:25. God has not only been faithful to restore to us our daughter but he has restored my health, my husband's job, our income, and our joy and peace! God was preparing us months before my daughter's accident and the seemingly downturn of our lives...every week a friend and I were getting together to pray.  On that first week he gave us a scripture and we prayed it every week inserting our children's names..."For I have plans for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you not to harm you: plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. The trials we have been through have not been a "downturn" or have not been "out of control". All that we have gone through has been purposeful...has been covered...has been part of our being redeemed. "For you, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined. You brought us into the net, you laid affliction on our back. You have caused men to ride over our heads, we went through fire and through water; but YOU brought us out to rich fullfillment." Psalm 66:10-12

Our God is a merciful God, a seeing and knowing God, a God full of love and compassion. For all of you out there that are on a seemingly spiral downturn, let me encourage you to call to your heavenly Father for strength...God has summoned each of us by name and we belong to Him.  And because we are his, he is with us ALWAYS. Hold on and hang in there because God is doing something in your life that has a purpose, that he is in control of, and that is part of your refinement. And God promises to bring you into rich fullfillment! Thank you Father!

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the water's, I will be with you; And when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze, For I am the Lord, your God." Isaiah 43:1b-3a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You