Sunday's Letter to God...

Sunday’s Letter to God…
Dear God,
Since you know all that is going on you know I have to loose quite a lot of weight before the wedding. Could you just tell me why you make food taste so good? It is within your power to make it taste something like dirt or bugs but instead it tastes so yummy! Steak grilled to perfection, lemon Cajun encrusted chicken breasts, lemon thyme grilled salmon steaks…oh me…then there are double stuffed potatoes, herb seasoned rice with bacon (everything needs a little bacon), creamy noodles with herbs…yum! Even the vegetables you make sprout up from the ground are delicious…lemon butter carrots, chilled asparagus with cream sauce, a big green salad like the Olive Garden kind…and please don’t get me started on the deserts.
Lord, you have provided much and so tasty and you have provided loving and talented hands that are willing to serve by cooking (you are a great cook Amanda). You have even provided a visual exhibit of your goodness…ME! So I guess you want me to use something else you have given me and that would be self-control and restraint. Is that why you brought this scripture to mind…”since an overseer manages God’s household (a mom), he (she) must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined.” Titus  1:8.
 
Well, God I’m going to do my very best starting today but I will need your help to be disciplined and use self control. Thank you God for always being close to me so I can run stuff by you…but I still say you made the world to grow and produce some pretty and tasty foods! J
Love you,
Trina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You