No Grumbling!

I remember the days growing up and being a member of a big family with such warmth and security. Of course, we had the normal issues growing up...being children.  There were five of us children and naturally we had our complaints. We whined and grumbled on Saturdays when Mama handed out our chores, we grumbled about what she packed in our lunch sacks, we grumbled and protested when she gathered us together for evening devotions and prayers....we were children (and teenagers) and could NO WAY, NO HOW see the wonderful value and plan in my Mama's parenting.   
I have begun a bible study on-line and we are studying the book of Exodus. The book of Exodus is packed with wonderful examples of God's love, protection, and the measures he will go to for us his children. And over and over the book of Exodus reveals how God's people, the children of Israel had a hard time putting their trust in the Almighty and seeing His BIG picture...the value and path of His plan. There is so much to learn from this time in the life of the people of Israel that we can relate to our own lives today but in my reading last week there was a verse that God really pulled out to me and laid upon my heart....this one little verse prompted this post.

"Moses said, "You will know that it was the Lord when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us but against the Lord your God". Exodus 16:8 

My, oh my...God was bringing quail up and having them fall around the tents and raining manna down from heaven  before their eyes. He heard their grumblings, provided for them bountifully and in a "marvelous" manner showing once again that he was and is a gracious and merciful God. And yet they were grumbling among themselves and we know that was grumbling against God himself..."He who listen to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me." Luke 10:16.  These were God's chosen people, His messengers and ministers, they were suppose to represent, support, and obey the Almighty One, but instead they grumbled!
This verse, Exodus 16:8 brings me back to myself as a child and teenager...how many times my Mama and Daddy, acting as messengers and ministers of Christ, were being selfless, working hard to provide for me, teaching me about God's love and yet I grumbled, I didn't see the plan for my future..."plans to prosper me, not to harm me!".  They were following God, they were obeying, and representing him and I grumbled!  And yes, back then I was a child but what about as an adult!? Do I see my God as gracious, merciful, all providing? Am I recognizing the blessings, the provision, the protection He provides me on a daily basis!? In the plentiful times and in the lean times, physically and mentally, do I KNOW that my God is always paved a path of spiritual prosperity for me and will provide ALL that I need!? Do I hold my hands up to him in thanksgiving or do I  GRUMBLE!? Do I look at every bend in the path, bump in the road, or obstacle in the journey as a time to grumble or an opportunity to be a messenger and ambassador of my KING!? Do I see in my life the quail rising up and landing on my tent and bread falling from heaven or do I just sit and Grumble!? Thank you Father for Exodus 16:8 and thank you for being my GOD!


"I am the LORD and I will free you from the burdens of the Egyptians. I will redeem you with an outstretched hand , I will take you as my people and I will be your GOD! Exodus 6:6-7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You