And it rains, and rains, and rains

I have a smart phone with the weather app on it and when I open the app, up comes the latest story....RAIN. When I turn on the national news the big story is the RAIN. Upon waking in the morning my husband turns to me and states, that again today, it is RAINING! For the past week or so the weather has dominated the news and the lives of most of us. It has rained and rained and rained.

Today, though, I was thinking about rain in a totally different way. The Lord brought this verse to me during my prayer time..."Rain down, you heavens from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness; let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it." Isaiah 45:8. God is commanding blessings to fall upon his people and he is beseeching his people....us...to willingly and gratefully receive them and to walk worthy of the blessings he rains upon us. What God is illustrating in these words are the righteousness and salvation poured out upon us by the grace of God, God's righteous and gracious acts, done for us and the blessings that come with that righteousness shall be as many and stellar as if he rained them down from heaven. And the holiness that we strive for should be proportionate to the privileges, advantages, and blessings that our God has gladly rained down upon us.

With all the suffering that has come from the last week of  rain, this scripture to me, is like a break in the clouds and a rainbow streaming across the sky....again from our God, our Father, promises of hope, grace, and love. Thank you Father for the rains of righteousness that you pour down upon us from the heavens!


"then I shall give you rains in their season, so that the land will yield its produce and the trees of the field will bear their fruit." Leviticus 26:4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises in the New Year!

She clothes herself in STRENGTH!

The Real You